A FEW WORDS
We are LucentMD a company comprised of individuals with a passion to change healthcare. We're excited to start a dialogue, learn about you, and share our vision of how healthcare should and can work in your companies, your families, or just for yourself.
At LucentMD, we all come to work every day because we want to solve the biggest problem in healthcare. Everyone is guessing or protecting what's broken. We decided to make change happen. Our goal at LucentMD is to make healthcare easy and affordable. We'll make our case and then let you decide.
WE ARE ALWAYS
Glad to help
We are a high-energy group of talented, experienced doctors and professionals dedicated to delivering quality healthcare solutions.
Cristin Dickerson, MD
"At LucentMD, we believe there is a better way to do healthcare. A more valuable and affordable way where patients are earned rather than bought."
--- Geetinder Goyal, MD, Founding Partner
Healthcare Is Broken
Healthcare spend per capita –Highest Costs MSAs
- Dallas-Ft. Worth-Arlington, TX -$6,587
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY -$6,307
- Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX -$6,133
2018 Cost of Living Index of 132 U.S. MSAs
- New York, NY –100.0% (#1)
- Houston, TX –70.4% (#86)
- Dallas, TX –65.9 (#117)
For Employees –Unaffordable:
- Average deductible for an individual in an employer-sponsored plan is $1505 and for an ACA plan is nearly $4000 for the most popular plans.*
- 44% of adult Americans claim they could not come up with $400 in an emergency without turning to credit cards, family and friends, or selling off possessions.**
- Medical expenses are the leading cause of personal bankruptcy in the US.***
**Report on the Economic Well-Being of U.S. Households, an annual survey conducted by the Federal Reserve Board
For Employers –Unsustainable:
Healthcare is the second greatest expenditure after payroll
Healthcare costs are escalating at 3x rate of inflation
Employers spent an average of $5,477 on individual plans and $12,982 on family coverage
Increased exposure to liability over fiduciary responsibility as employees are now paying approximately 40% of premiums and other healthcare costs out of their own pockets
For Employers –Your Expanding Fiduciary Responsibility:
From the Department of Labor:
Fiduciaries have important responsibilities and are subject to standards of conduct because they act on behalf of participants in a group health plan and their beneficiaries. These responsibilities include:
- Acting solely in the interest of plan participants and their beneficiaries and with the exclusive purpose of providing benefits to them;
- Carrying out their duties prudently;
- Paying only reasonable plan expenses.
It’s your job to make sure your plan is good, accurately managed, and affordable.
Apply the same fiduciary care to your healthcare plan that you already do for your 401k.
- Spend 30% of revenue to collect 70% of what is contractually owed them by traditional health care plans
- Fewer patients able to afford to seek needed care
- Subject to increasing patient bad debt
- 50% of time spent on bureaucracy and paperwork
- Over 70% of physicians no longer independent
- Over 50% of clinicians report burnout
- Hospital systems providing primary and secondary care at tertiary care prices
- 10 administrators per physician in a hospital system
- Cost of overall care by an employed physician 2 to 3 times greater than independent physician*
- Those advising employers on health care purchases may not know emerging options or may have incentives misaligned with emerging options
*Association of Independent Doctors
There is no direct correlation between spending and positive patient care.
- Big Pharma
- Commercial Insurance Carriers
- Monopolistic Hospital Systems
Those advising employers on health care purchases may not be aware of emerging options or may currently also have incentives misaligned with emerging options.
Partners in healthcare for whom quality of care and access to care go hand in hand with smart financial decisions.
Employees: Accessible high-quality care for self and family, affordability, reduced stress navigating system
Employers: Affordability, healthier and less stressed workforce, reduced administrative stress and overhead
Physicians: More quality patient care time, decreased paperwork and overhead, reduced stress and burnout
Why choose LucentMD
QUALITY & SAFETY
HEALTHY AND HAPPY PATIENTS
Our satisfied patients
At LucentMD our patients know we care by the quality service they receive.